????? HELP!!! what is wrong with this code? ???????

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Fri Oct 7 13:27:05 AEST 1988

In article <456 at mrsvr.UUCP> ssa at mrsvr.UUCP (6607) writes:

>	For the life of me I can't figure out what is wrong with the following
>	code!!!!...
>	when I compile it I get a message:
>
>"test.c", line 7: warning: illegal combination of pointer and integer, op =

(Please let's not flame this beginner, and let's not start a long discussion
about what's wrong with this code)

Your code is just fine. The problem is that you named your program "test".
There is a standard utility "test" in /bin, and if that comes before your
current directory in your $PATH, you actually execute /bin/test instead
of your own program. When you run "dbx test" or something, you give "test"
as argument, and that is not subject to PATH-search, so dbx will run your
"test" instead of /bin/test. That's all.

Paul.
|Paul De Bra              | I am completely surrounded by giant bugs !    |
|debra at research.att.com   | There's millions of them, all over this code! |
|uunet!research!debra     | Beam me up quickly...Please...                |