trigraphs

Scott David Daniels daniels at ogccse.ogc.edu
Thu Apr 27 07:30:16 AEST 1989

One fact that seems not to have come out yet is that trigraphs as added
by X3J11 were an existing scheme that was proposed for adoption, not a
new design that simply seemed to be a good idea.  I suspect that is part
of the problem with the Danish proposal: the trigraphs we voted on were
something that had been in use for a couple of years, whereas the Danish
scheme sounded like "this would be an even better idea:...", very little
evidence there would be no nasty surprises later.
-Scott Daniels (short-term X3J11 member may moons ago