New US Rep to ISO C

Rex Jaeschke rex at aussie.UUCP
Sun Apr 30 04:39:49 AEST 1989

> From: gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn)
>
> In article <15.UUL1.3#5077 at aussie.UUCP> rex at aussie.UUCP (Rex Jaeschke) writes:
> >They will even ship product with __STDC__ set to
> >1 without having trigraph support (as vendors are already doing).
>
> That's the first I've heard of this.  How about naming such vendors
> so we can avoid buying their product.  Who knows what else they've
> decided to second-guess in the Standard.

Zortec's C++ V1.07c. I presume it's the most recent release since I
was recently shipped it for review. It says __STDC__ == 1 and won't
hand ??= as #. I'm sure it is missing numerous other things too -
that's what my review will find out since it's an ANSI-conformance
review for my Programmers Journal column.

Rex