fork/exec

Eric S. Raymond eric at snark.uu.net
Wed Aug 16 15:34:28 AEST 1989

In <1989Aug15.012607.4529 at utzoo.uucp> Henry Spencer wrote:
> (That chortling sound you hear is all the Unix old-timers watching the
> frantic scramble for Unix compatibility by all the people who spent
> years sneering at Unix.  Nyah nyah, we told you so!  :-) :-) :-))

Heh heh. As one who still remembers getting flamed by one of my father's
CompSci PhD friends for expressing an interest in UNIX shortly after reading
the CACM paper in 1973, I'll see that chortle and raise you one of my
patented `Mad Doctor Moebius' evil cackles.

Actually, I had no idea I'd eventually be making my living as an itinerant
UNIX wizard way back then...I was all of 16 then and thought I was going to
be a mathematical logician. I suppose, on the whole, it would have been
simpler...
--
      Eric S. Raymond = eric at snark.uu.net    (mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)