fork/exec

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed Aug 16 14:34:42 AEST 1989

In article <1989Aug15.012607.4529 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>(That chortling sound you hear is all the Unix old-timers watching the
>frantic scramble for Unix compatibility by all the people who spent
>years sneering at Unix.  Nyah nyah, we told you so!  :-) :-) :-))

Actually, I liked it better in the "old days" when UNIX was used only by
those who appreciated its virtues.  It's gotten rather warty since then,
and apart from the appearance of streams, not much has been done to
address its deficiencies with elegant solutions (as opposed to hacks).
At least now we have a standard for all the hacks!