ReadKey like Function in C

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Aug 13 10:48:29 AEST 1989

In article <13446 at bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> scs at adam.pika.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:
>Doug is correct, but the astonishing frequency with which this
>question arises (I think it's been asked on comp.lang.c three
>times in the past week alone) indicates that the opportunity is
>ripe for some kind of informal, community-"standard" solution.

I strongly suggest that you read IEEE standard 1003.1, i.e. POSIX, before
re-inventing the wheel pointlessly.  POSIX compliance will be widespread
in the very near future, so the POSIX approach will automatically be
*far* more widespread than any "community 'standard'" approach.
--
V7 /bin/mail source: 554 lines.|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1989 X.400 specs: 2200+ pages. | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu