I can't find a good definition anywhere...

Norman Diamond diamond at diamond.csl.sony.junet
Mon May 15 12:37:49 AEST 1989

OK, most compilers will have #pragmas that can provide a non-ANSI
interpretation of a program that looks like a strictly conformant
program.  Any compiler that claims ANSI conformance will have to be
capable of ignoring such #pragmas, perhaps in a mode that is set by
using flag -~P (no pragma).  Bet there's only one person on the net
who would use that flag ;-).

Of course, such a flag isn't implemented yet, so here's a workaround:

.c.o:
	sed -e "/^[ 	]*#[ 	]*pragma/d" < $*.c | $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c -o $@

--
Norman Diamond, Sony Computer Science Lab (diamond%csl.sony.co.jp at relay.cs.net)
  The above opinions are my own.   |  Why are programmers criticized for