I can't find a good definition anywhere...

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Tue May 16 06:47:16 AEST 1989

In article <4190 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>#pragma model(large)
>#pragma segment(code,romcode)
>#pragma byteorder(bigendian)
>#pragma generate(80386)
>#pragma flags(-I/usr/X/include -L/usr/X/lib)
>#pragma list(full)
>#pragma import(getchar from romlib.iolib,putchar from romlib.iolib)
>#pragma list(dumpmacros)

I think all the above would be valid use of #pragma.

>#pragma inline(getchar,putchar,strcmp,strcpy,strlen)
>#pragma rename(strlen,Strlen)

These two would probably be valid, depending on how the details are handled.

>#pragma interface(plm/386,dq$delete)
>#pragma ada(FUNCTION WHATEVER IS...)

I don't know what these mean.

>#pragma noalias(main.argv)
>#pragma enable(gcc_expressions)

To the extent that strictly conforming code may have its behavior altered
by these, I don't think they're valid.

>#pragma asm(mov %fp(2),%fr0)
>#pragma enable(pascal_strings)

These seem to cause readily detectable alteration of semantics and thus
would not be valid.