Token pasting in #include directive

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Sun Nov 26 17:42:54 AEST 1989

In article <11685 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>I don't know WHY you post the questions you do.  They're often worded
>like you're trying to show your intellectual superiority.  That may be
>one of the reasons you elicit hostile responses.

just put him in your KILL file and be done with him.  the last ten
or so totally stupid questions have come from his account.

>You are misrepresenting previous discussions.  Both the "words" (formal
>specification) and the examples reflect the committee's intent.  In some
>cases referring to the examples can help one understand the words, and
>in practically all cases you have to refer to the words to understand
>the examples.  The examples are not provided as a tutorial, but rather
>to illustrate the application of the rules.

put it another way, an example is merely ONE example.  there may
exist many other examples and a complete enumeration of all possibly
legal examples would deforest north america faster than the current
explosion of worthless UNIX manuals.

when an item is defined to be `implementation defined' the example
should be considered to be an example of how ONE implementation
may chose to define the behavior.
--
John F. Haugh II                        +-Things you didn't want to know:------
VoiceNet: (512) 832-8832   Data: -8835  | The real meaning of IBM is ...