ANSI C-standard anywhere on the net? Please answer soon.

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.mu.oz.au
Sat Nov 11 19:11:15 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov10.180447.2353 at utzoo.uucp>, henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
> neither IEEE nor ANSI standards ar [available in machine-readable form].
> [This is] partly to make it more likely that standards will be distributed
> in their original, unaltered form.

I note that the Ada standard is accessible in machine-readable form (and
has been for years).  This does not seem to have resulted in the production
of altered versions of the LRM.  Whether it resulted in any loss of sales
I don't know; I ftped over from time to time to look at the standard while
it was under revision and then bought a paper copy when it came out.