macro parameter names

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Tue Nov 28 17:14:45 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov27.223210.29880 at utzoo.uucp> I wrote:
>>What about the library prototypes that are coded "int foo( int x, int y )"
>>when they should be "int foo( int __x, int __y )"?
>
>Can you cite chapter and verse for why the parameter names need to be in
>the implementation name space? ...

Oops.  Anyone comparing the Subject line to the topic will realize that
I must have been half asleep when I wrote that -- I confused macro
parameters (which are not a problem) with function-prototype parameters
(which are).
--
That's not a joke, that's      |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
NASA.  -Nick Szabo             | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu