typedef names in parameter lists

Prescott K Turner pkturner at cup.portal.com
Wed Nov 15 00:39:15 AEST 1989

Where in the draft C standard does it resolve the meaning of
     typedef float X;
     int f (const X);
which means that f's parameter is a const float?  The standard syntax is
consistent with another interpretation, that f's parameter is a const int
named X.

I'm working on a parser, and need to know the general answer, not just
this one case.  For the life of me, I can't find it in the sections on
function declarators, typedef names, scope, or type specifiers.
--
Prescott K. Turner, Jr.
13 Burning Tree Rd., Natick, MA 01760 USA    (508) 653-0357
UUCP: ...sun!cup.portal.com!pkturner    Internet: pkturner at cup.portal.com