// comments

George W. Leach reggie at dinsdale.nm.paradyne.com
Sat Nov 18 04:47:03 AEST 1989

In article <26.UUL1.3#5077 at aussie.UUCP> rex at aussie.UUCP (Rex Jaeschke) writes:

>#if 0
>printf(".....");  /* ... */
>#endif

>This allows you (and always has) to "comment" out code containing
>comments.

   In fact, it is not such a bad practice to use it to comment code out
period!  At one time I was porting a set of applications to a new version
of our relational database manager.  The new version had some nice new
features added to its embedded query language.  One was a mechanism to
relate the C generated by the embedded query language preprocessor to the
original source by adding comments to the code.  Thus, where we had some
embedded query language code commented out, we all of a sudden had
embedded comments in the generated C!!!!

George W. Leach					AT&T Paradyne
(uunet|att)!pdn!reggie				Mail stop LG-133
Phone: 1-813-530-2376				P.O. Box 2826
FAX: 1-813-530-8224				Largo, FL 34649-2826 USA