Macro names imbedded in pp-numbers [repost]

Norman Diamond diamond at csl.sony.co.jp
Mon Nov 20 13:01:08 AEST 1989

In article <11637 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:

>The Rationale explains that.

The Rationale explains why the committee did not want to force
preprocessors to do a complete true scan of numerics.  Fine.  My
question is, why did the committee go to the other extreme and prohibit
it?  Why is it not optional, and why is it not implementation-defined?
The Rationale does not explain that.  You say that the committee heard
all the arguments?  Fine, so what reason did they give?

--
Norman Diamond, Sony Corp. (diamond%ws.sony.junet at uunet.uu.net seems to work)
  Should the preceding opinions be caught or     |  James Bond asked his