ansi c and directories

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Mon Nov 27 18:11:58 AEST 1989

In article <7108 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>The only operating systems I know of that wouldn't support "Open current
>directory", "Next file in current directory", and "Close current directory"
>are either obsolete (one person brought up CDC NOS) or are required to hide
>file names for security reasons.

Hey!  NOS *would* support these!  Since you have nothing *other* than
"current directory," and you certainly can have files, it kinda falls
through.  However, I'm not sure it would be worth it (memory limits and
the like).

It's possible that opendir / readdir et al should have been included.  I'm
still fuzzy on the idea, however.

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts."
seanf at sco.COM    |    -- Thomas Magnum (Tom Selleck), _Magnum, P.I._