Ansi C reference guide

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Aug 30 07:07:13 AEST 1990

In article <12836 at netcom.UUCP> jim at netcom.UUCP (Jim Nelson) writes:
>Does anyone know of good books, jounals or other publications
>that describe the Ansi C standard in detail?

The best one I have seen is "Standard C" by P.J. Plauger and Jim Brodie
(1989, Microsoft Press, ISBN 1-55615-158-6).  The Second Edition of
Kernighan & Ritchie's "The C Programming Language" is good but it omits
information about those features of the standard that the authors didn't
like (e.g. internationalization support).  Plauger & Brodie cover it all.