setjmp as macro

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Tue Aug 28 11:22:10 AEST 1990

In article <12516 at paperboy.OSF.ORG> rabin at osf.org (Paul Rabin) writes:
>	Does ANSI C require that a macro implementation of setjmp
>	evaluate its arguments exactly once?  If so, do you have a
>	suggestion for handling the jmp_buf argument?

Since 4.1.6 does not require it, I would say, no, the setjmp implementation
may evaluate its argument more than once.  This is also compatible with the
intention of the setjmp/longjmp specification, for which I collected
information about existing practice on an extremely wide variety of
implementations.