Naming

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Thu Mar 1 08:00:48 AEST 1990

In article <MCDANIEL.90Feb27103334 at amara.amara.uucp> mcdaniel at amara.uucp (Tim McDaniel) writes:
>Are standard library names utterly and completely reserved, or can I
>fake it with #define, as in
>	#define malloc(bytes)	my_malloc(bytes, __FILE__, __LINE__)

You may not fake it.  Well, actually, I think you can, but the results are
"undefined" (I don't have a draft with me at the moment, so I can't be
terribly specific).

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts."
seanf at sco.COM    |    -- Thomas Magnum (Tom Selleck), _Magnum, P.I._