for(;;) vs. while(1) is a draw

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Tue May 29 10:17:17 AEST 1990

In article <3398 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
Because in article <5879 at buengc.BU.EDU> I said, in my own words, precisely:
>>	for(;;) statement
>>
>>	while(1) statement
>>
>>	label: statement if(1) goto label;
>>
>>are all the same; exactly the same, when translated into object code
>>without thinking about it.  You could contend that the third is
>>my invention, but the standard says the first two are identical.
>
>The standard does *NOT* say, in any way, shape, or form, that they are
>"exactly the same, when translated into object code without thinking
>about it".

That's it.

If one more person puts words in my mouth without my
permission, I'm going to fucking ram my fucking terminal
up their fucking groin.

	I NEVER SAID IT DID, YOU OBSTREPEROUS FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!

Have you and Doug been sucking pills out of the same prescription
of Stupidity?  Where the hell do you get the idea that I say that
ANSI X3.159-1989 says how to generate code?

				--Blair
				  "Do you comprehend, or do
				   words just roll across your
				   eyes like the CRT displays