gcc and NULL function pointers.

Jef Poskanzer jef at well.sf.ca.us
Sat Jun 22 06:18:12 AEST 1991

Hey, I've got an idea: how about not using NULL?  Using a 0 explicitly
cast to the appropriate pointer type works perfectly for all machines
and compilers.  Furthermore, it makes the code more self-documenting
and maintainable, and less error-prone.

Oh, wait.  It means typing a few more characters.  So much for that idea.
---
Jef

  Jef Poskanzer  jef at well.sf.ca.us  {apple, ucbvax, hplabs}!well!jef
"You can put me in jail, but you cannot give me narrower quarters than
as a seaman I have always had.  You cannot give me coarser food than I
   have always eaten.  You cannot make me lonlier than I have always
           been." -- Andrew Furuseth, Emancipator of Seamen