Localization (4.4.2.1)

Rex Jaeschke rex at aussie.COM
Sun Mar 3 12:09:24 AEST 1991

> Rex> PJ Plauger, ANSI C secretary and ISO C convenor, played a significant role

> Not fair!  What is the name of the book?  When is it expected to be
> available?  When will we know the "reasonable cost" of the source?
>
> If the cost for the source is _really_ reasonable (i.e. inexpensive) I
> could see a lot of non-implementors buying it and using it with various
> "ANSI compliant" compilers from various vendors to ease porting.  It's no
> fun when two supposedly compliant compilers yield different behavior.
> Getting locales right appears (to me) to be an especially tricky problem.

While I've known for quite a while he was doing a portable library to be
made available under license I was not aware until the week of my posting
it was going to be documented and made available to the public as such.
When I find out I shall try and remember to post the info here. Right now
I don't know the answers and I'm just as interested as you are.

Rex

Rex Jaeschke     |  Journal of C Language Translation  | C Users Journal
(703) 860-0091   |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | DEC PROFESSIONAL
rex at aussie.COM   |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     | Programmers Journal