ANSI-compatible function declarations with args

Rex Jaeschke rex at aussie.COM
Thu Mar 28 10:36:46 AEST 1991

Dave Yost asks:

> #ifdef PROTO
> #define decl_args(x) x
> #else
> #define decl_args(x) ()
> #endif
>
> Are there any standards for what to call this 'decl_args' macro?

If you are an implementer I have seen only __ used as the name. As a user,
I use xx. It's short and not too distracting allowing you to still read the
function declaration around it.

Rex

Rex Jaeschke     |  Journal of C Language Translation  | C Users Journal
(703) 860-0091   |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | DEC PROFESSIONAL
rex at aussie.COM   |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     | Programmers Journal