wchar_t

Christian Carey xcarey at cucstud.UUCP
Fri Mar 15 01:48:46 AEST 1991

In article <HARKCOM.91Mar15152817 at spinach.pa.yokogawa.co.jp>, harkcom at spinach.pa.yokogawa.co.jp writes:
> Two quick questions...
>
> 	Which ones [type of wchar_t] is standard?

There is no standard--that's why it's specified as wchar_t.  I'd say either
unsigned short or unsigned long would be you best option, depending on whether
you need support for two-byte or four-byte glyphs respectively.

> And I then ask:
>
> 	Can you forgive me for not waiting for a copy of the standard...;-)

At US$65 per copy, yes, I can forgive you.  B^J

Crispy
--
"It is a question of cubic capacity; a man with so large a brain must have
something inside it."--Sherlock Holmes, _The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle_

Christian Carey (size 8 hat (USA))     uunet!cucstud!xcarey