access postings

John S. Quarterman jsq at longway.tic.com
Wed Dec 20 15:40:25 AEST 1989

From: John S. Quarterman <jsq at longway.tic.com>

Well, it seems the two of four access postings I posted so far
had Expires: 1 Feb 89.  It would appear that C news is a) widespread
in Toronto and Quebec and b) detects incoming articles that have
already expired, since that's where I first heard about this problem.

I'm reposting those two articles, plus the other two.  If they're
already on your machine, please ignore.  Thanks.

PS:  The information in these articles is in the public domain,
and may be reused by anyone.  However, collecting and collating it
was a time-consuming task, and we would appreciate acknowledgment
if you use large extracts verbatim.  As to who ``we'' is, I quote
from the calendar article:

	These articles were originated by John S. Quarterman of TIC,
	Austin, Texas. This issue of December 1989 was researched by
	Susanne W. Smith of Windsound Consulting, Edmonds, Washington
	<sws at calvin.wa.com>.

In addition, there has been collaboration by Alain Williams of EUUG
and Ellie Young of USENIX, as well as folks from JUS, AUUG, and numerous
other organizations.

--
John S. Quarterman
Texas Internet Consulting	jsq at longway.tic.com	tel: +1-512-320-9031