request for information: p1003.2(?) Bills of Materials

David Collier-Brown davecb at yunexus.uucp
Wed Mar 21 05:40:16 AEST 1990

From: davecb at yunexus.uucp (David Collier-Brown)

   I wonder if anything significant has changed since the August 1987 (!)
draft pertaining to bills of materials.
   I note that at that time the BOM files resided in /usr/lib, and
the structure seemed limited to vendor-provided utilities, not
"layered products" or third-part products.  And I note that the
System V "install" procedures seem directed toward vendor-provided
utilities.

  Has any consideration been taken of the large (indeed, **very** large)
number of third-party products that one would normally install using
a common mechnaism, but in a non-system directory hierarchy.

--dave (who follows the standards more in the breach...) c-b
--
David Collier-Brown,  | davecb at yunexus, ...!yunexus!davecb or
72 Abitibi Ave.,      | {toronto area...}lethe!dave