make DOS a filesystem?

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Sun Sep 30 18:59:57 AEST 1990

Submitted-by: seanf at sco.COM (Sean Fagan)

In article <555 at usenix.ORG> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>>SCO Xenix, for example,
>>allows reading/writing to a DOS partition.
>
>I believe what is being referred to is use of the file system switch
>to support MS/DOS filesystems without the use of special tools or
>emulators.

SCO UNIX has this ability.  I.e.,

	mount -f DOS /dev/rfd096 /mnt

or whatever.  What this has to do with standard unix is beyond me, however.
Note that NFS will work with a DOS server, which means that, basicly, just
about any current unix should be able to mount a DOS filesystem.

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "Never knock on Death's door:  ring the bell and