Standards Update Poll (results)

John S. Quarterman jsq at usenix.org
Thu Sep 13 05:00:04 AEST 1990

From: jsq at usenix.org (John S. Quarterman)

There was a total of 96 responses to the Standards Update Poll I posted
19 August.  As you can see by the counts per day, they've stopped coming in:

Aug	 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
	 17 28 14  8  6  3  0  1  0  2  4  6  3

Sep	  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
	  2  0  0  0  1  0  0  0  0  1

Posting some results seems in order.  This message is going to all the
same newsgroups that the poll itself was posted to.  The detailed results
are going only to comp.std.unix.  In that newsgroup, I will post three
more articles:
	Re: Standards Update Poll (all responses)
	Re: Standards Update Poll (responses from USENIX members)
	Re: Standards Update Poll (comments in responses)

The first two of these will contain composite results for questions 1-7.
The third one will contain answers to questions 8[a-g], marked by sequence
number of arrival of the response here.  No names or addresses of people
responding will be given.

Thanks to all who responded.

John S. Quarterman, USENIX Standards Liaison, jsq at usenix.org