editing for ISO

Andrew Hume andrew at alice.att.com
Thu May 9 22:07:12 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: andrew at alice.att.com (Andrew Hume)

	I have just become technical editor for the working paper
of X3B11.1. At various points in our discussions, claims are made
that you have to do things in a certain way so as to be acceptable
to ISO and/or ECMA (like byte positions should be numbered from 1,
not 0). I would like to talk to someone who has real experience at
editing an ISO standard and who can tell me what the pitfalls are.
Please send names and phone numbers of anyone you think might fit
the bill to
	Andrew Hume
	(908) 582-6262
	andrew at research.att.com