"Unicode"

David Dick drd at siia.mv.com
Sat May 18 03:17:32 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: drd at siia.mv.com (David Dick)

Yes, I know this might not be the proper newsgroup for this...

I've seen some recent information about some computer companies
collaborating on a 16-bit standard character set for all the
characters in all the natural languages in the world.  (Apparently,
some people thought the 32-bit ISO encodings were silly.)

Does anyone know anything about this?  Can I get a draft of
the current proposal?

David Dick
Software Innovations, Inc. [the Software Moving Company (sm)]

[ Lots of unix folks are dealing with this; I think comp.std.internat is
  a more appropriate (and likely) forum. -- mod ]