implementing from 1003.2

Andrew Hume andrew at alice.att.com
Thu May 9 22:11:25 AEST 1991

Submitted-by: andrew at alice.att.com (Andrew Hume)

	Can someone help clear up my misconceptions?
I recently read someone complain about difficulties implementing
bc from the spec in 1003.2 and some quick reponse from the author
of that spec. What puzzled me is the underlying assumption that
you are supposed to be able to implement from the 1003.2 description.
Is this supposed to be true? (it obviously isn't for make, for example.)
I thought 1003.2 simply described stuff so you can use it, not implement it.

	andrew hume
	andrew at research.att.com