Need 3b1-end pinouts for parallel interface

7794 mark at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV
Wed Feb 20 03:23:35 AEST 1991

:: Response to article 395:

	:: I have been using a C. Itoh 8510 with my PC7300 for over five
	   years. No problems. I use a standard, 36-pin, Amphenol,
	   male-both-ends, Centronics-style, cable

	:: Vis. "... more common DB-25...": Everyone used 36 Amphenol
	   connectors for parallel, and DB-25's for serial, before IBM,
	   in their infinite wisdom, decided to use DB-25's for both in
	   the their PorkChop (PC) series of machines. How many 5 volt
	   parallel printers have been burned out by the +/- 12V of
	   RS232 since then?