Where can I find a good layers host program?

Mark A. Hartman hartman at abacab.UUCP
Thu Feb 21 14:11:41 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb18.013351.7101 at schaefer.math.wisc.edu> zerr at math.wisc.edu writes:
>Recently a layers terminal emulator for the 3b1 was posted to
>comp.sources.3b1.  I have tried to get it to work with our computers,
>but with no luck.  The version of layers that is installed on our 3b2
>computers refuses to recognize it as a windowing terminal (but works
>fine with the 5620's we have here) and the version of Layers that comes

A "layers" terminal identifies itself at startup, and your 3B2 may not
be set up to recognize the sequence sent by xtclient (probably the sequence
for the AT&T 630 terminal?).  Creating an empty file called
/usr/lib/layersys/lsys.8;7;5 on your 3B2 should make it recognize xtclient.
The file normally contains data to be downloaded to the terminal at startup,
which in this case is nothing.

Mark Hartman			hartman at abacab.chi.il.us
				Mark_A_Hartman at att.com