comp.sys.3b1 feed offered

Bruce D. Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Wed Feb 20 15:39:20 AEST 1991

In article <1072 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.westmark.com writes:
|I'm again offering feeds.  Not that mine is so good at the moment,
|but I'm working on that.
|
|Conditions:
|	1. Anywhere, any speed if you poll
|	2. you should forward unix-pc,comp.sys.3b1, and comp.sources.3b1
|	   articles generated near your machine, maybe skipping those
|	   that traveled through well connected sites like uunet or att.
|	   (this helps me keep my set reliable, and makes sure your
|	    and your neighbor's messages get out)
|	3. I'll send mail to you on demand if you have a telebit.
|
|(sample B news sys file line for hico2 based on these comments below)
|hico2/uunet,att:world,na,usa,unix-pc,comp.sys.3b1,comp.sources.3b1,to.hico2:L4F:
|
|If you want to do this short-term until the dust settles, that's fine.

	I have put together a handy system which
	emails compressed news batches, and injects
	them back into news at the receiving end.
	It even works (although with delays of course)
	with ihave/sendme, and is compatible with
	both B & C news.

	I can make this available as a test distribution
	to those who need to provide such a service, or
	who would be the recipients.  I also would be
	willing to mail "unix-pc.*" and "comp.*.3b1"
	news batches to anyone who needed them, using
	this system.

--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario
a /i/	 Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
 `\o\-e	 UUCP: ...!uunet!mnetor!becker!bdb
 _< /_	 "War is the first casualty of truth" - G. Gilmore