term files for nroff under 3.5 dev. system

Tom Tkacik CS/50 tkacik at hobbes.cs.gmr.com
Fri May 10 22:04:21 AEST 1991

In article <284 at wmms.UUCP>, david at wmms.UUCP (David R. Mayne) writes:

|> How, if possible, do I create my own custom term files for
|> nroff on the 3b1 under os 3.5, develop 3.5? The compiled
|> tab* files are in /usr/lib/term under 3.5, but there is no mention
|> in 3.5 docs, or any clue that I can find on making these files.

It was about 4 or 5 years ago that I did this for my UnixPC.  You are right
about there being a lack of documentation on the issue.  But at that time
someone (whose name I do not remember) posted an nroff driver table
compiler.  It worked very nicely.  I wrote a driver for an Epson compatible
printer that included the entire special (and greek) character set.
Bold and italics came out nicely, as did equations.

I also wrote a filter for the printer to compliment the driver table.
I think I still have this stuff on a dusty floppy somewhere.

--
Tom Tkacik
GM Research Labs
tkacik at hobbes.cs.gmr.com