6300 -> 6300+

Jim Greenlee jkg at gitpyr.gatech.EDU
Sun Nov 16 03:18:46 AEST 1986

In article <7036 at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> gopstein at topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Richard Gopstein) writes:

>  I recently purchased an ATT 6300, 640KB, 20MB Seagate drive with
>an EVEREX controller.  I've heard that it's possible to upgrade the
>this system to a 6300+.  Does anyone know what's involved, or rough prices?
>Is this the only way I can run Unix on my system?  Thanks in advance.

I was told by a salesperson when I purchased my 6300 in September that it
was possible to upgrade to a 6300+ but that it was very expensive ($3000
or so). Basically what you do is replace the entire motherboard with an
80286-based board.

I would think it might be cheaper to purchase a Turbo board if you really
need the 80286 (provided, of course, that the above is true!). My under-
standing is that this is the only way to run true UNIX. You could always
go with a UNIX clone, however.

Incidentally, if I am way wrong with my figures or thinking, please e-mail
me because if it's feasible, I might be interested in the same upgrade.

                                            Jim Greenlee

--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!