IBM's Storyboard on AT&T PC 6300

jkg at gitpyr.UUCP jkg at gitpyr.UUCP
Sat Nov 22 06:10:06 AEST 1986

In article <465 at drufl.UUCP> jlc at drufl.UUCP (CottrellJL) writes:
>Has anyone successfully brought IBM's software package STORYBOARD
>up on a 6300?  I can get most of it to work, but pm (stands for
>picture maker) just spins the disk (either hard or floppy) and
>then stops.  Nothing is possible at that point and a reboot is
>required.

This is interesting. I bought my 6300 in September. One of the salesmen at
the computer store told me that PC Storyboard absolutely, positively, would
not work on a 6300. However, idle curiosity prompted me to try it anyway.

Lo and behold, it WORKS! I successfully started Story Teller, and ran the
demonstration that comes with the software. I also created a few pictures
with Picture Maker just to be sure it wasn't some quirk of the story teller.
Haven't tried Picture Taker or Story Editor yet, but everything appears to
be working just like on an IBM computer.

I am running MS-DOS 3.1, but I don't remember what version of the BIOS I'm
running. Maybe the BIOS has been improved over your version? Certainly a
different version of DOS wouln't account for this, would it? I promise I
haven't altered either Storyboard or DOS in any way other than a couple of
patches to COMMAND.COM that I saw in "PC" magazine.  What gives here?

                                             Jim Greenlee
--
The Shadow...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!