9 Track Tape Drive for 3B2/400?

Mark Horton mark at cbosgd.ATT.COM
Tue Jan 13 04:11:29 AEST 1987

In article <991 at chinet.UUCP> megabyte at chinet.UUCP (Dr. Megabyte) writes:
>I own a AT&T 3B2/400 computer running SYS V R2.  Does anyone know of
>a 9 track tape drive for the 3B2?

Century Data Systems says they will have one available in a couple months.
They currently have a 500MB disk drive (I have one of these on my 3B2/310,
it's very fast, a bit noisy, and huge) and will have a 250MB removable
drive out Real Soon Now.  There are also rumors of smaller disks (3B20
internal disk size) ranging from 400MB up to 1GB in the near future.
They all use a two-slot-wide board with an IPI interface.

I can't find their phone number offhand, but they are in Dallas, and
Ed Ahl is the person to ask for.  If that fails, or you're in the midwest,
try our "local" distributor in St. Louis: Don Bostick at (314) 225-8915.

	Mark