accept/reject dont't work

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Mon Feb 1 03:33:43 AEST 1988

In article <327 at dalcsug.UUCP> ptmcd at dalcsug.UUCP (P. Trent MacDougall) writes:
|>I have version 3.51 of UNIX on my 3B1.  I have just gotten a printer
|>and have found out that accept/reject do not work.  They accept anything
|>as input and do nothing.  I did a strings on them and saw that they should
|>report that you have to be the LP Administrator to use them.
|>Anyone else have this problem??  What should I do ... call AT&T?
|>--

I had this problem, and AT&T mentioned that I needed to be "user lp".  So
I su'd to lp and then:

$ /usr/lib/accept Epson Parallel
destination "Epson" now accepting requests
destination "Parallel" now accepting requests

- and conversely -

$ /usr/lib/reject Epson Parallel
destination "Epson" no longer accepting requests
destination "Parallel" no longer accepting requests

I guess the error message telling you that you should be the LP Administrator
doesn't work. Oh well.

						-Lenny
--
============================ US MAIL:   Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group
 IIIII   CCC   U   U   SSSS             PO Box 1