Looking for termcap/terminfo entries for UNIX PC in UNIX PC mode

Prentiss Riddle riddle at woton.UUCP
Thu Feb 25 07:43:05 AEST 1988

I'm having problems with the "s4" and "7300" terminfo/termcap entries
on our 3B1's and 3B15.  Some of our users like to dial from one machine
to another using the Telephone Manager in UNIX PC mode, rather than
have it emulate a vt100 or a 513 terminal.  Unfortunately, there
appears to be a problem in the terminal emulation and/or in its
interaction with termcap/terminfo in this mode.  Specifically, vi gets
very confused about what line it is on, in a manner that suggests
scrolling and/or wordwrap problems.

I've called the hotline and been told (after 20 or 30 minutes of
insistence) that there is a "problem" (which I already knew) and not to
use UNIX PC mode.  Does anyone know whether the problem is in the
terminal emulation itself, or just in the termcap/terminfo entries?  If
the latter is true, does anyone have a fix?  Thanks.

(We're running 3.50, if it makes a difference.)

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
--- riddle at woton.UUCP  {ihnp4,harvard}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle