Pcal on the 3B1 [cursor stuff]

wjc at ho5cad.ATT.COM wjc at ho5cad.ATT.COM
Mon Feb 29 06:15:26 AEST 1988

In article <110 at ureka.UUCP> charlie at ureka.UUCP (charlie crassi) writes:
> Everything works OK except you never know where the cursor is. The
> only cure I've found is to log out and back in again, then everything
> is back to normal.
>
> Question:
>
> Has anybody seen this on their machine ? Do you have a fix you can
> e-mail to me, Please ?

I don't use the calendar, so I don't  know for  sure what is happening
to you.    My guess,  though,    is that   it  turns off  the   cursor
intenionally (pretty  normal for  a graphical interface) and then just
neglects  to turn  it back  on.  If   that's the case,   you can do it
yourself far easier than logging out.  Try this from the shell level:

	$ echo '\033[=0C\c'    #  cursor on
	$ echo '\033[=1C\c'    #  cursor off

Cursor visibility is a per-window attribute.