EGA in 6300: What software works and what doesn't?

Bruce White sota at tc.fluke.COM
Wed Feb 10 06:57:34 AEST 1988

<gulp>

I am thinking about installing an EGA board in my 6300.

We have all seen the postings describing the modifications required to plug an
EGA card into an ATT 6300, (1.43 bios, disable internal controller, etc.).

But the OUT_WORD/byte-order problem still persists, and apparently affects
certain software.

The Question:
   To those of you who have used such 6300/EGA setups:
   What software works, and what doesn't?

I'll be happy to summarize responses to the net.  Please also indicate what
brand of EGA card you are using.

And has anyone tried to search the binaries and replace the 16 bit OUT's with 2
8 bit OUTS?
--
Bruce T. White
John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.