Mailing list announcement

Richard Foulk richard at islenet.UUCP
Mon Feb 1 13:09:40 AEST 1988

> And I have yet to understand what gatewaying (...) does that cross-posting
> doesn't.  Someone, please explain that to me.  In public - maybe I'm not
> the only one who doesn't understand it.

Gatewaying would be automatic.  Not something that everyone would have to
remember to do every time they post.

Cross-posting would be a special requirement of these groups shared by no
others.  The special cross-posting requirement would have to be continually
re-announced so that newcomers wouldn't miss out.

Why require special handling from everyone involved rather than making
things automatic?

No one is suggesting that the unix-pc groups be abolished, just that
they be better connected.  In a clean, convenient, proven way.

--
Richard Foulk		...{vortex,ihnp4}!islenet!richard
Honolulu, Hawaii