3B1 and MSDOS Disks

Michael Ditto ford at crash.cts.com
Mon Feb 8 19:41:48 AEST 1988

In article <187 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>What are the UNIX commands on the 7300 for reading from and writing to
>an MSDOS-formatted floppy disk?  (I know I can do it with 'ua', but
>....)  Thanks.

Read Ms.Dos floppy:		/usr/bin/msdos
Write Ms.Dos floppy:		/usr/bin/md_write
Format Ms.Dos floppy:		/usr/bin/md_format

Note that all of these programs do bizarre things to the current window,
so you should probably run them with a program like "windy", or at least
be prepared to fix up the window afterwards.

--

Mike Ditto					-=] Ford [=-
P.O. Box 1721					ford%kenobi at crash.CTS.COM