pathalias/3b2 out of memory

Mikel Manitius mikel at codas.att.com
Tue Feb 16 00:25:32 AEST 1988

In article <270 at mancol.UUCP> samperi at mancol.UUCP (Dominick Samperi) writes:

> When I try to run pathalias on the uucp maps my 3b2/400 (with 4 megs of
> RAM installed) runs out of memory. The error message is something like
> malloc: out of memory (394K used - the number might be larger?). Any ideas?

Check to see what you have MAXUMEM set to in your kernel. This parameter
defines what is the maximum amount of memory available to any given user
process. In SVR3.0 it comes shipped with 8192, which should be enough.

/etc/sysdef will tell you what your current loaded configuration is.
--
					Mikel Manitius
					mikel at codas.att.com