3b1 TeX

John Campbell jdc at naucse.UUCP
Wed Feb 10 23:27:53 AEST 1988

I feel a responsibility to respond to pjh at hao, but uucp doesn't
seem to feel the same way.  This netter saw a remark I made about
TeX on my 3b1:

Yes TeX lives on 3b1s!  Dr. Edward L. Hepler did a port and offered
Common TeX and some drivers (plus a 3b1 previewer).  It was too large
to post, so he requested that you send him 12 formatted floppies.

It has been a while since he made the offer; you should contact him
to see if he is still "in the business".  (Maybe he's reading this
and can post a follow up, since at least one 3b1 user was unaware of
the offer.)

If you work with TeX and have a 3b1, I'd like to keep in touch.  I'm
trying to decide if I should buy a NEC P6 24pin printer.  (Since I can't
reach pjh, maybe someone else wants to start a TeX email correspondence :-).

   Dr. Edward L. Hepler
   Adj. Prof.  (VLSI Design and Advanced Computer Architecture)
   E.E. Dept.
   Villanova University
   elh at vu-vlsi

Cheers.

--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc

	unix?  Sure send me a dozen, all different colors.