PC7300 On Board Modem

Mike Ditto ford at kenobi.UUCP
Sun Feb 28 05:13:02 AEST 1988

Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.41.10 of Fri Oct  2 1987 on kenobi (usg-unix-v)

In article <170 at wsccs.UUCP> gvogel at wsccs.UUCP (George Vogel) writes:

>	 We are trying to implement four PC7300's in a college English
> lab here in Utah, with one being used as a remote connection to a 3B2/400.
> My question is this:  Is there a way to shut auto-answer off on the OBM?
> If not, is there a way to disable the modem completely during certain hours of
> the day?
> (we are sharing one line for voice/data).

Change the "respawn" entry for ph0 in /etc/inittab to "off".  This
will disable the getty on the modem, regardless of what the phone
manager/UA set it to.  (They normally enable/disable the port by
putting a space or a colon in the first character of the line.)

Dialling out and voice use will still work fine.

					-=] Ford [=-

"Well, he didn't know what to do, so	(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
he decided to look at the government,	ford%kenobi at crash.CTS.COM
to see what they did, and scale it	...!sdcsvax!crash!kenobi!ford
down and run his life that way." -- Laurie Anderson