MIDI on AT&T PC 6300

XMP12-M.CRIPPS mcripps at mtuxo.UUCP
Sat Feb 6 08:45:16 AEST 1988

The Voyetra OP-4001 runs on the 6300, is MPU-401 compatible, and is
significantly cheaper.  I believe that they also have a OP-4000 which
doesn't have FSK sync, and is probably cheaper still.

Rumor has it that Roland is coming out with an
MPU-401 compatible for $85 or so, and it all sits on one plug in card
(none of this separate interface card/MIDI interface garbage).

Finally, I've seen ads in Keyboard magazine for a 64-track sequencer
*AND* interface card for $99.  I don't know what it does, but the price is
right.  I can't remember the name of the manufacturer, but I think it was
either MIDImusic or MIDIsoft or something like that.

As far as sequencing software goes, the 6300 is fairly compatible, so I
doubt you will have problems with most software.

If anyone finds out anything concrete about these interfaces, let me know!
I'm still in the market for one too.

-Mike Cripps
mtuxo!mcripps or attmail!mcripps
(I gotta get a signature file!)