unix-pc.* newsgroups

Richard Foulk richard at islenet.UUCP
Thu Feb 4 16:24:11 AEST 1988

> I think we have been pointing out flaws right and left.  I have
> no particular aversion to your creating some kind of gateway--as
> long as it doesn't mean articles start getting double posted and
> readers of comp.sys.att don't have to start wading through 2
> copies of every cross-posted article written.  [...]

If gatewayed articles retain their original message-id's then
the current news software will see to it that double posting and
multiple copies do not happen.  This is a standard feature of the
netnews software that has been there for some time.

--
Richard Foulk		...{vortex,ihnp4}!islenet!richard
Honolulu, Hawaii