accept/reject dont't work

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Sat Feb 6 13:32:16 AEST 1988

In article <42 at tarkus.UUCP> jcs at tarkus.UUCP (John C. Sucilla) writes:
|>>$ /usr/lib/accept Epson Parallel
|>>destination "Epson" now accepting requests
|>
|>I've always used "enable" and "disable" both here on the 3B1 and at work
|>on our 3B20S to do what your talking about. Any user can do it.

That's fine if you want to temporarily disable printing of the jobs.
Generally for mundane printer operations...  What this user did was
to create a new printer (not using the User Agent windows or lpsetup) using

/usr/lib/lpadmin (interface called Epson)

This by default creates a new printer that has the status "printer is not
accepting requests", you need to issue the initial "accept" to get the
printer status to:

scheduler is running
system default destination: Epson
members of class Parallel:
	Epson
device for Epson: /dev/lp
Epson accepting requests since Jan 31 12:31
Parallel accepting requests since Jan 31 12:31
printer Epson is idle.  enabled since Feb  5 21:26

If you "reject" a printer, when you attempt to queue a print job, lp
returns with an error message:

printer "Epson" is not accepting requests. (or something similar)

							-Lenny

--
============================ US MAIL:   Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group
 IIIII   CCC   U   U   SSSS             PO Box 1