tradeoffs: gateways vs. mailing lists

Scott Hazen Mueller scott at zorch.UU.NET
Sun Feb 7 02:39:47 AEST 1988

In article <245 at stc-auts.UUCP> kak at stc-auts.UUCP (Kris Kugel) writes:
>Rather than gatewaying to comp.sys.att, I'd like to see the unix-pc groups
>gatewayed to comp.sys.unix-pc and ...unix-pc.src instead, and then sites need
>only carry the articles once.

This is a reasonable proposal.  As the/a gateway site (currently running the
unix-pc/Mail gateway), I'm perfectly willing to support this.  It achieves
the objective of providing wider readership for Unix-PC material without
raising the volume of comp.sys.att and also makes a bidirectional gateway
possible.

May I suggest that we discuss and refine this proposal for one or two weeks
and then conduct a vote?

>	Kris A. Kugel
>	Storage Tek:    ...{ uunet!nbires, hao, ihnp4 }!stcvax!stc-auts!kak

         \scott
--
Scott Hazen Mueller   scott at zorch.UU.NET
(408) 245-9461        (pyramid|tolerant|uunet)!zorch!scott